We are looking for a Volunteer Office Assistant to support a busy, supportive, friendly office environment and to support community events at different locations around Bristol.
We are looking for a Volunteer Office Assistant to work in the LinkAge Network office between 7 and 15 hours/week ideally spread over more than one day a week. Ideally we would like someone who can commit for a minimum of 4 months.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about giving something back to the community and expanding or utilizing their skills and experience. If this is you, we would love to hear from you. In return we will provide the opportunity for you to gain experience of working in a busy, supportive, friendly office environment and to support community events at different locations around Bristol. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
The main tasks are:
• Answering the telephone and dealing with email enquiries, passing these on to LinkAge Network colleagues as necessary
• Organising filing systems and the office
• Preparing mail-outs
• Inputting data and record keeping
• Participating in meetings and circulating notes of main action points
• Maintaining stationery stock and other office supplies
• Assisting in the organization of events
• Keeping the office tidy and organized
To undertake the role you will need to have the following qualities:
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Reliable and practical
• Organised and methodical
• Good at problem solving
• Good attention to detail
• Positive and cheerful attitude; happy to help with any task
• Able to prioritise own workload, taking the initiative
• Understand the importance of equality and diversity; promoting a positive concept of ageing
• Good IT skills: able to use the internet for research purposes and working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Outlook
1. Review the Role Description,
2. Download the Application Form and complete,
3. Download the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and complete,
4. Email the completed Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 9 July 2018.
Interviews will take place at the end of July 2018.
No agencies please.