Age Friendly Streets, starting in Bristol, is a campaign by Streets Alive which promotes neighbourliness and street parties across the UK.
Christmas and New Year can be jolly for some but isolating for others, of all ages. So Streets Alive want you to get involved this Christmas and plan something with your neighbours!
Here are some ideas to warm up your Age Friendly Christmas Street:
• Hold a Mince Pie get-together – invite some neighbours round for a drink, mulled wine and a mince pie, even at short notice. You could either drop a note round, or just invite some in person.
• Drop a Christmas card off to someone you may know
• Offer to keep an eye on houses and pets of neighbours who are away
• Hold a street carol sing-along
• Offer a drink or cuppa on New Year’s eve or day.
• Perhaps suggest holding a street party or a more modest tea party or BBQ street meet next year.
Are you already planning something with neighbours before Christmas – let us know your ideas.