Our mission is to create lasting solutions that strengthen communities, improve health and wellbeing, and reduce social isolation among older people.
LinkAge Network is a local charity that has been active in Bristol since 2007, originating from a recommendation by the Bristol Older Person’s Partnership Board.
LinkAge Network fulfils its mission by keeping people aged 55+ at the heart of our work.
- deliver projects
- run a Network
- disseminate resources
- inform over 55s about what’s on across the West of England
- host like-minded projects
All of the LinkAge Network’s work is under-pinned by the following values and behaviours. The organisation:
- promotes positive ageing and challenges negative stereotyping
- collaborates with local communities and organisations to enhance specialist knowledge and skills
- connects groups and organisations to share their knowledge and provision
- takes its lead from older people and their local communities
- facilitates access to civic participation by older people