LinkAge (Bedminster & Southville) Cinema Club Volunteer
LinkAge works with people 55+ and local communities to facilitate inspiring social activities that enrich lives, reduce isolation and support active participation.
The LinkAge Cinema Club runs weekly on a Monday afternoon at the SouthBank Club, Dean Lane, Bedminster, starting at 2.30pm.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer, responsible for planning the monthly programme, sourcing the DVD’s and running the session. This is realistically a half day’s volunteering a week as you will have to be available on Monday’s from 1pm – 5pm.
What we ask of you:
1. Put together a monthly programme of films, taking in to account consultation with the Club members on the sorts of films they would like to see.
2. Liaise with the LinkAge office to provide details of the monthly programme at least 2 weeks before the start of each month, so that publicity material can be produced for distribution.
3. Hire and return DVD’s (please keep receipts, as we can only reimburse expenses on production of a receipt).
4. Welcome Club Members from 2pm on Mondays, and make tea/coffee for those who want it.
5. Operate the DVD player, sound system and projector.
6. Keep a register of attendances, and collect weekly attendance fee.
7. Advise attendance numbers to LinkAge every month.
8. Provide a copy of the register to LinkAge on request.
9. Inform the LinkAge office as soon as possible of any Mondays that you are not available to volunteer.
10. Represent LinkAge in a positive manner.
1. A friendly and welcoming manner, able to put new members at their ease.
2. An awareness of issues affecting older people.
3. An interest in a wide range of film, including classic films, from the black and white era onwards.
4. Comfortable with technology, and happy to operate a DVD player, sound system and projector.
5. An understanding of the importance of data recording, carrying and collating information
6. Awareness of the importance of confidentiality.
If you're interested in the role please contact:
Dan Lewin, Bedminster & Southville Community Development Worker
on 0117 305 2365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org