We are incredibly excited to introduce LinkAge Network.
LinkAge Bristol, a local charity that has been active in Bristol since 2007, is relaunching on Wednesday 21st February to showcase its new look, focus and membership facility of the organisation.
What is LinkAge Network?
LinkAge Network will empower older people to lead fulfilled and satisfying lives, by creating lasting solutions that strengthen communities, improve health and wellbeing and reduce social isolation and loneliness.
How will we do this?
LinkAge Network will fulfil its mission by keeping people aged 55+ at the heart of our work. We will;
Deliver and host like-minded projects
LinkAge Network is engaged with projects and facilities that bring people and organisations together to share skills and knowledge, and to empower older people.
Current LinkAge Network projects include:
- Macmillan Prevention and Re-enablement Project
- Community Development for Older People
- Dementia Friendly Swimming
- Walking for Health
- ACE Neighbours (funded by LinkAge Network)
- Active Ageing Bristol (hosted by LinkAge Network)
To find out more about our current projects click here.
Run a Network
LinkAge Network has launched a membership facility of the charity to:
- Connect individuals, groups and organisations across the West of England
- Share knowledge, resources and skills
- Strengthen community provision for people aged 55+
Membership is open to:
- Groups and organisations who work to strengthen community provision for people aged 55+, and
- Individuals who are personally interested in community provision for peopled aged 55+
Organisations and individuals may come from anywhere in the West of England.
To find out more about joining the Network please click here.
Inform over 55s about what’s on across Bristol
LinkAge Network will work with local organisations and community groups to promote activities for people aged 55+.
What’s on Guides will be produced bi-annually for several local areas across the West of England. Our Spring – Summer 2018 edition will see What’s on Guides for:
- Bedminster, Southville & Ashton
- Henleaze, Westbury-on-Trym and Stoke Bishop
- Bath and the surrounding area
Activities for the following areas are also featured on our new website:
- Whitehall & St George
- Henbury & Brentry
For a copy of your local What’s on Guide call 0117 353 3042, or to view our website click here.
To find out how you can produce a What’s on Guide in your community or list an activity on our website, please call 0117 353 3042.
Where to find us
As part of our new look, we have launched a brand new website! Our new website is user friendly so you can easily locate what’s on in your area, is mobile friendly, and gives you all of the information that you need to get involved with the charity. Take a look at our new website here – www.linkagenetwork.org.uk.
For further information on LinkAge Network visit our website www.linkagenetwork.org.uk or call 0117 353 3042.
We hope you’ll join us in celebrating the launch of LinkAge Network!