The Holiday Club for 3rd Agers is a six day programme of activities for people aged 50+, taking place between Monday 25th June – Friday 6th July 2018.
The programme which is run by the churches on Whiteladies Road, in collaboration with LinkAge Network and Active Ageing Bristol, is an exciting opportunity for people aged 50+ to engage in a variety of activities and meet new people in their local community.
The six day programme costs £50 and includes all of the activities, opportunities and lunches listed below.
The Holiday Club programme includes:
Each day will begin at 10:00am.
Monday 25th June – Creative Arts Day at Victoria Methodist Church
- Meet in the midst of an exhibition of sculpture
- Engage in a creative workshop reflecting upon our identity
- A Gallery tour at the RWA
- Enjoy a quiche and salad lunch
Wednesday 27th June – Take a trip to Berkeley Castle
- Meet at Tyndale Baptist Church where we will be taking a trip to Berkeley Castle
- Enjoy a Guided tour
- Explore the Butterfly House
- A pack lunch will be provided
Friday 29th June – Music-based Day at Tyndale Baptist Church
- Gospel music singing workshop in the morning with Emma Smallwood
- Lunch will be provided
- Concert by Figo Baroque Ensemble ‘An Italian in London’ Purcell, Cavalli and Boyce, as part of the Clifton International Music Festival
- Finish the afternoon with a cream tea
Monday 2nd July – Bread-making Day
- Meet at Redland Park United Reformed Church
- The day will start with the Year 6 pupils of the nearby St John’s Primary School singing songs from their Year 6 musical
- We then move on to baking bread which will be led by Francin Russell, who professionally runs many food workshops, and Derek Jones from Redland Park Church
- Lunch will be provided at the Aqua restaurant next door to Redland Park Church, with a specially created menu just for us
- In the afternoon there is a chance for a guided walk on the Downs
Wednesday 4th July – An emphasis on activity!
- We will meet at Victoria Methodist Church where a coach will take us down to Pooles’ Wharf at the Bristol Harbourside
- Lunch will be held at the M Shed
- There will be various activities that can be done in rotation:
- Gig boat rowing and canoeing
- A ‘Behind the Scenes’ tour of the M Shed
- An ‘Active Ageing’ talk from Alex Rotas. A former professional tennis player now in her 60s, Alex has taken up professional photography and her work includes elite athletes in their 70s and 80s’
- A ferry boat ride across the harbour
Friday 6th July – A trip to Wells
- Meet at Tyndale Baptist Church
- Enjoy a tour of Bishop’s Palace and Gardens
- In the afternoon there will be access to Wells Cathedral and free time to go shopping in Wells
- A packed lunch will be provided
Booking is essential for the Holiday Club for 3rd Agers, so please click here to complete a booking form – Holiday Club for 3rd Agers Booking Form.
Please email the completed booking form to Rachel Haig, Community Minister at Tyndale Baptist Church on email@example.com.