Face to face
- Tai Chi in the Park: Shibashi Tai Chi is a gentle and accessible form of Tai Chi with great health benefits. A Friends Ageing Better class (Age UK Bristol) runs every Tuesday at the Ardagh, Horfield Common, at 10am. To find out more, please contact Mel Vowles at email@example.com
- Walks around Bristol – Bristol Walkfest have shared some lovely local walks to help you find places you may never have known in the city.
- The Exercise Club also run virtual workout available online over Zoom. All classes aim to work out the whole body and can be done seated or standing. Whatever your fitness level when you start you’ll be ok. There are classes for strength, for balance and coordination, aerobic fitness, and ones for poorly shoulders, backs and knees. For a full virtual class list please get in touch at www.theexerciseclub.co.uk, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0117 973 9787 / 07587 552 653.
- 10 Today is a set of fun 10-minute, audio and video routines intended to easily fit into your day to help you get stretching and moving at home. You can tune in over the radio, and also listen to the workouts as podcasts. Find out more on the 10 Today website: www.10today.co.uk
- Exercise over the telephone – The Exercise Club, based in Clifton, is available over the telephone and is focused on older adults. The telephone class involves a full-body workout, achievable by anyone, regardless of previous fitness levels. The workout can be chair-based or standing depending on your ability level. See their website at www.theexerciseclub.co.uk, email them at email@example.com or call on 0117 973 9787 / 07587 552 653.
- Read the Healthy Ageing Directory for 2021-22, created by Active Ageing Bristol. Keeping physically and mentally active in later life is hugely beneficial for our wellbeing. This guide aims to bring together some of the many and diverse organisations offering activities and services for older people in Bristol and the surrounding areas. It covers four main themes: art & culture, sports & physical activity, nature & environment and information & advice. You can read it here.
- Although Bristol Walk Fest 2021 has officially finished, you can continue to access all the walks, information and inspiration on this website (Bristol WalkFest 2021) to keep you walking all year round. The Bristol WalkFest team have also developed a helpful pdf (and soon to be physical) booklet featuring a selection of walks throughout Bristol for you to access whenever you’d like. Read it here.