- Art on Zoom with Bristol Arts For All. Every Wednesday (starting 6th January) from 10.30 am – 12.00 pm – £7/week (£3/week if you are on pension credit) Sessions need to be booked in blocks of four at a time. “As with any others of an older age group, I am not going out very much at the moment and these sessions give a focus and structure to my week which is welcome. I also enjoy the chat and the focus on art.” To book, please email email@example.com, leaving your name and phone number, or call 0117 929 7537.
- Singing for the Brain, the Alzheimers Society – Singing for the Brain brings people affected by dementia together to sing a variety of songs they know and love, in a fun and friendly environment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 961 0693.
- Shared reading sessions, The Reader – The Reader provides shared reading sessions so that everyone can experience and enjoy great literature, which we believe is a tool for helping everyone survive and live well. Sessions are currently running online and by telephone. To find out more contact email@example.com or 07949 143 022.
A telephone group includes you in a group of people all joining the same call. A facilitator will manage the call and welcome everyone who joins. Calls are free, and if you need someone to call you to join the call, that can be arranged. Calls last up to an hour and can be focused around a topic or simply conversational. There are a variety of groups to join:
- Wednesdays, 11 am, Alive! – Reminiscence and Chat (Dementia Friendly – suitable for carers and their loved ones with dementia as well as anyone else). For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 377 4756.
- Thursdays, 11 am, The Reader – the call facilitator brings a short reading, an excerpt from a book or a poem, and then the group discuss. For details, contact email@example.com or 07949 143 022.
- Thursdays, 3 pm, – FAB, South Bristol History Catch Up Café. For details, contact 0117 929 7537 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly telephone groups for native Mandarin and Cantonese speakers, run by Bristol and Avon Chinese Womens Group. For details, contact email@example.com or 0117 935 1462.
“I enjoy being part of a group and hearing others. It makes me feel like I am going out somewhere although I’m still at home.” – Telephone group member
Wyldewood Arts produce a regular intergenerational newsletter full of things to do. Print off a copy from here https://www.wyldwoodarts.co.uk/the-meeting-post or email to request a paper copy to be posted to you firstname.lastname@example.org.